Venture out and explore.
What you need to know
- Astroneer is a sandbox game where players can explore different planets.
- It just got the Automation update on all platforms.
- The title supports Xbox Play Anywhere as well.
- Astroneer is available through Xbox Game Pass for subscribers.
Astroneer is an adventure game where you go to different planets and explore. It’s become quite popular over the years, but recently it got a number of interesting features with the Automation update. Before we talk about the update, let me tell you that Astroneer supports Xbox Play Anywhere. This allows you to pick up your game on Xbox One and PC.
The Automation feature adds the following features.
The Automation Update is now live on all platforms! pic.twitter.com/jH0cpj0G1u
— ASTRONEER (@astroneergame) July 1, 2020
- Auto Extractors can be used to gather resources automatically without deforming terrain and at a much higher efficiency.
- Auto Arms automatically transfer small items into open slots.
- Medium and Large Storage containers act like a silo that can be used to consolidate one resource into it’s reservoir.
- Various Sensors have been added to the game. For example, you can use the Power Sensor to trigger a backup generator when wind dies down.
- Several modules have been revised to support continuous operation alongside the new automation items.
- The update also brings with it a number of bug fixes where select items in the game didn’t work as intended.
You can read more about the patch here.
Download the update now and get started
Xbox Game Pass members can hop into Astroneer right now and start exploring to their heart’s content. Use your jet pack to reach new heights and check out everything that the game has to offer.
Play more games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
It’ll last you a couple of months
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.