Zombies can spawn underground again.
What you need to know
- The Nether Update recently released for Minecraft on all platforms, making tons of sweeping changes.
- Even though it’s already out, Mojang Studios is still tweaking and fixing stuff with beta builds.
- The newest beta build for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, 18.104.22.168, is out right now, with a decent list of fixes.
- This includes fixes for crashing issues, zombies spawning underground, and more.
Minecraft is in a constant state of change, and nothing is different this week with the arrival of a new beta build for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, bringing with it new fixes and changes for the Nether Update. There are some solid improvements here, including fixing more issues with the Playstation 4 version of Minecraft crashing for players. Keep in mind the beta is only available for Xbox One, Windows 10, and Android devices, but there are still some fixes here specific to other platforms.
The changelog for this beta includes:
- Pressure plates have been fixed to have no collision again
- Local split-screen players can once again see the Ender Dragon and Ender Crystal
- Fixed a crash that occurred on PlayStation 4 due to other players using custom skins
- The Angry system now checks if the mob with the angry component can attack before broadcasting anger to others, rather than after broadcasting anger to others. This avoids a never-ending loop when multiple mobs triggered each other’s anger indefinitely on peaceful
- The ‘rider_can_interact’ field on ‘minecraft:rideable’ is now used again
- Behavior animation components will no longer try to reload after a suspend resume and a mob/player rides something
- Drowned geometry is no longer broken in content packs
- Zombies can spawn underground again
- Making command selectors use the current position of an actor rather than the previous position of an actor
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Marketplace loading correctly
- Meeting requirements for some achievements offline will now unlock it after reconnecting
- Fixed an issue that could cause Command Blocks to stop working unexpectedly
- The bounding box of the player used for spawning is now the correct size, so we don’t think a player is in a dangerous spot when they are actually safe
- Parity: Fixed the issue with chests with loot tables not generating loot until opened or destroyed
- Made using the ‘/fill’ command more efficient, improving performance
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pressing the Manage Account button in Profile settings
- Fixed notifications not appearing on iOS
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.