Custom worlds, now with custom biomes.
What you need to know
- To no surprise, Minecraft: Java Edition is getting a new snapshot, 20W28A.
- The snapshot for ‘the Nether Update’ has lots of fixes, but also some neat changes.
- Some of the biggest changes are for custom worlds, improving tools and allowing custom biomes.
- The snapshot is available now, and could be part of a future update for ‘the Nether Update.’
If you enjoy creating custom worlds for Minecraft, you’ll be a big fan of the 20W28A snapshot for Minecraft: Java Edition, which continues adding fixes and improvements to the Nether Update. This snapshot has lots of little changes and tweaks, but the biggest ones apply to custom worlds, including the support of custom biomes! The notable changes in this snapshot include:
- Brewing stands can now be crafted with blackstone
- Villagers now emit green particles when joining a village, setting a home bed, or acquiring a job site / profession
- Totems of Undying now give the fire resistance status effect for 40 seconds when activated
- Tweaked bartering loot
- Custom worlds now support custom biomes
- Dedicated servers can now rate limit clients
There are more specific changes on top of these, as well as a decent list of bug fixes, so if you’re interested you can check out the full changelog here. Otherwise, you can find out how to check this snapshot out here and try out the new changes made here.
Do you create custom worlds for Minecraft? Are you excited by this snapshot? Let us know in the comments below!
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.