Check him out!
What you need to know
- Bleeding Edge is a popular Microsoft exclusive.
- It just got a new character named Azrael.
- Azrael is an enhanced human with extraordinary abilities.
- Bleeding Edge is free for Xbox Game Pass subscribers.
Bleeding Edge is a third-person melee brawler that is quite popular on Xbox Game Pass. The game is a side project of Ninja Theory, the team behind acclaimed experiences like Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice and more. The team has supported the game rather aggressively over the past few months and today, it added a new character named Malak Ali, also known as Azrael.
Ali is originally from Lebanon and has a lot of remarkable abilities. You can read a short summary of his origin below as provided by Ninja Theory.
The first memory of Malak Ali was at a crowded family dinner table in upscale Beirut. His six older siblings were competitively debating to a proud mother and unphased father… A life of worldly thrills would follow, challenging death in all forms of adventure sports like cliff diving, chute chasing, sky surfing, mono-boarding, base jumping and more. The sky had become his playground, like he had always dreamt of as a boy, a moment of reckoning… Collectively dumfounded, but funded beyond belief, the team would categorically congregate, and design a new and improved Malak Ali.
You can take a look at his abilities below.
- Wing Spurs: Slice and stab enemies with bladed wings. Each hit applies a stack of Soul Eater.
- Evade: Dodge out of harm’s way. Costs stamina.
- Parry: Deflects an enemy’s attack when well timed.
- Glide: Glide through the air. Expends Stamina.
- Soul Eater: Each Wing Spur attack applies a stack of Soul Eater to the target, dealing damage over time and healing Azrael. Maximum 5 stacks per enemy.
- Portal: Spawns a pair of portals that Azrael and his teammates can travel through.
- Guardian Angel: The nominated ally is continuously healed as long as they stay in range. Healing is improved by 2.5% per active Soul Eater stack.
- Void Wave: Send out a wave of void energy that can penetrate walls, and returns to Azrael. Damages enemies and applies Soul Eater. Enemies hit on the return are also slowed.
- Wing Blast: Unleash a huge gust of wind that pushes enemies back, and slows them briefly.
- Chrysalis: Enter a protective Chrysalis that heals over time. After 4s, if not destroyed, the Chrysalis explodes. Double-tap to protect a nearby ally.
Are you excited to play as Ali? Let us know.
Play more games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
It’ll last you a couple of months
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.