What you need to know
- Fallout 76 is an open world RPG from Bethesda, and continues to popular Fallout franchise.
- Despite the numerous issues and problems with Fallout 76 at launch, the game has continued to improve.
- The latest update, Patch 22, introduces a ton of changes, including an all-new level scaling system.
- Now players can play with anyone, anywhere, regardless of level, and always find appropriately scaled combat and rewards.
While Fallout 76 had far from the smoothest launch, or the greatest reception from fans, it’s undeniable that the game has steadily improved over time, with constant updates like the Wastelanders release earlier this year. The latest update, Patch 22, is absolutely massive, introducing lots of changes that makes the game more accessible to new players, and opens up the game more to veterans as well. There are several changes to go over in Patch 22.
- One Wasteland. Arguably the biggest change with Patch 22 is One Wasteland, which completely overhauls the level scaling system in place in Fallout 76. With this update, players of all levels can play with each other, and always find a level-appropriate challenge, along with the appropriate rewards to go with it. Veteran players can return to beginning areas, while new players can interact with higher-level players without fear of being overwhelmed.
- Season 2: Armor Ace. Patch 22 will also usher in the new season for Fallout 76, complete with all the new rewards that go along with it.
- Legendary Perks. Players that have reached Level 50 can now access new Legendary Perks, which are super powerful enhancements that have four upgradeable ranks.
- Daily Ops. This new feature aims to add more replayability to old Fallout 76 dungeons, by giving players objectives to complete against waves of randomized enemies, in exchange for fresh rewards.
Overall, the Patch 22 update seems to be a good one, most notably making major changes to make the game more accessible to new players, and encourage experienced players to return to the game (possibly with new friends in tow). While Fallout 76 has fallen out of favor with lots of players, it’s clear that the team still cares about the game and wants to make it as awesome as possible.