It’s not just you. A lot of people are having issues with Xbox Live right now.
What you need to know
- Xbox Live appears to be down in the UK and parts of the United States.
- People in these areas have reported problems with playing games to Down Detector.
- Microsoft has yet to acknowledge the issue.
It looks like Xbox Live is down right now. Down Detector has received an influx of people reporting problems, mainly from the United Kingdom and parts of the United States on the coasts. Microsoft has yet to acknowledge the issue or offer a timetable for a fix. Its own website currently says that Xbox Live is working fine.
Players have reported getting kicked out of matches in Call of Duty, Sea of Thieves, Rainbow Six Siege, and more. It’s unclear what other areas of Xbox Live are affected at this time other than multiplayer services.
If you’d like to try and troubleshoot the problem yourself, there are a few steps you can take. It also might sort itself out on its own shortly if this was a brief hiccup.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select the Network settings tile. Further Xbox Live status information can be found on-screen.
- Select Test network connection, located on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Once this is done, your Xbox One will provide further details on your current connection setup. For even further assistance, head over to Microsoft’s official Xbox Support portal.
Xbox Live Gold
Your ticket to multiplayer and more
Xbox Live Gold offers a host of benefits including online multiplayer access… when Xbox Live is working properly. Until then, you can also use it to redeem two free games every month and access exclusive member discounts on games.