The first update is here.
What you need to know
- Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition recently released on PC.
- While the game has been received well overall, there’s a few performance hitches and balancing tweaks that have been needed.
- A new update today is adding anti-aliasing options, fixing some crashing and bringing other benefits.
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition released on October 15 and the developers already have the first update ready. This update addresses some simple quality of life factors like fixing potential crashes, adding anti-aliasing options and more. Here’s the list of fixes and improvements in the update:
- Implemented potential fixes for several crashes and desyncs.
- Added anti-aliasing options to the Graphics menu.
- Implemented several possible fixes for campaign progression issues.
- Numerous AI fixes to improve their aggression and battlefield tactics.
- Balance adjustments for several civilizations!
- Several fixes for multiplayer lobbies and matchmaking!
Hopefully this should solve any early problems players are running into, though of course there will be future updates in the weeks ahead.
In our review of Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition, we found it to be a solid collection with smart improvements to the Home City mechanic and fantastic visuals, though admittedly visuals that are more demanding than the past remasters. If you’re finding yourself overwhelmed, there are plenty of tips and tricks to up your revolutionary strategy game.
Completing The Trilogy
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
More Age of Empires is always a good thing
With new 4K graphics, rebalanced gameplay, and a bunch of new content, Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition should appeal to old and new fans of the series.