Reign over the dangers of the backyard in Grounded with the best weapons and armor sets you can get
Grounded has a wide assortment of creatures to deal with in the backyard, such as wolf spiders, vicious beetle larvae, and even some pesky gnats. Making sure you have the best gear available to use during your adventures will make your life much easier. We’ve gone through and picked out some of the best sets of armor and weapons you can currently use and find in Grounded.
With the game being in early access, this list will be updated and changed over time as new content is released and changed. Make sure to visit our full lists for Grounded weapons and Grounded armor, so you know how to obtain these items. Whether you are on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S or PC, these items will be of great use.
It’s a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its Xbox Game Studios debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you’re shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
All the best Weapons in Grounded
The best weapons in Grounded will be some of the most valuable tools you will carry. Not all of them double up as a tool, like a mallet or an axe, but there are ones that do. While you’re traversing the backyard and fighting off larvae and wolf spiders, it’s ideal to have at least two different weapons with you. Here are some of the best weapons you can currently find and craft in Grounded. Some of these double up as a tool, while others, such as the insect bow, do not.
The Mint Mallet is currently the best weapon to have in Grounded, for any kind of situation. This weapon is perfect for throwing out a ton of damage and conveniently doubles as a tool hammer. Being the only current Tier III weapon, the Mint Mallet makes for the perfect companion in Grounded. This weapon has the highest damage output of all current Grounded weapons.
- Recipe Unlock: Central area of the map, near the large laser zap pad. Keep an eye out for the “Tic-Tac” type of container laying on the ground nearby. A Level two mallet is needed to harvest the Mint Chunks.
- Materials Needed: x5 Mint Chunks, x9 Spider Silk, x8 Flower Petals
The Bone Trident is the most useful weapon to use in the brand new Koi Pond area. The weapon can be used on land as well, but excels in the water since most other weapons cannot be used underwater. A quick attack speed, good range, and high damage make this the best weapon to go swimming with.
- Recipe Unlock: Unlocked by analyzing a bone shard in “The Depths” area of the Koi Pond.
- Materials Needed: x3 Sunken Bone, x2 Diving Bell Spider Chunk, x3 Eelgrass Strand
Currently, the Insect Bow the best-ranged weapon you can get in Grounded, dealing heavy ranged damage from a distance. Combined with any of the arrow types available, this bow will devastate any enemy quickly. Just make sure to stock up on ammunition before traveling.
- Recipe Unlock: Discovered by analyzing a Spider Fang.
- Materials Needed: x2 Spider Fangs, x2 Spider Silks, x2 Spider Chunks
The Insect Axe is not a weapon that boasts a large amount of damage, but its versatility is essential in Grounded. The Insect Axe is a great “go-to” weapon for when you are out gathering resources, grass planks, or weed stems. Its quick attacks, decent blocking, and doubling as an essential tool in Grounded makes this one of the best you can get.
- Recipe Unlock: Discovered by analyzing a Ladybug Head.
- Materials Needed: x1 Ladybug Head, x3 Bombadier Parts, x4 Spider Silk
All the best Armor in Grounded
In Grounded there are quite a few different types of armor sets to discover and craft. Out of all of them, there are only a select few that are essential to have on hand. Some armor sets are good for specific circumstances, such as going out and harvesting large amounts of grass planks. Other armor sets are more just for defense and helping you stay alive. Here are the best armor sets you can find in Grounded, for both combat and secondary situations.
The Ladybug Armor is currently the best defensive armor you can get in Grounded. Even though obtaining the armor set is difficult, hunting those ladybugs is worth it. The Ladybug armor will make you a walking tank that even wolf spiders will have trouble taking down.
- Recipe Unlock: Discover the full set by analyzing a Ladybug Shell and a Ladybug Head.
- Ladybug Faceplate: x1 Ladybug Head, x2 Ladybug Parts, x3 berry Leather
- Ladybug Chestplate: x2 Flower Petal, x4 Ladybug Part, x4 Berry Leather
- Ladybug Shin Guards: x4 Lady Bug Part, x4 Berry Leather, x4 Flower Petal
The Ant Armor set is the best for collecting resources and building up your home base. It does not have the highest armor rating but comes with two very crucial perks. For each piece of ant armor that you equip, it allows you to carry one additional hauling resource such as the stem planks and grass planks. Instead of being restricted to only carrying five at a time, the full set allows you to carry eight instead. The full armor set also grants the buff called HumAnt, which allows you to be near soldier ants without being attacked.
- Recipe Unlock: Discovered by finding ant parts
- Ant Helmet: x1 Ant Head, x3 Ant Parts, x5 Mite Fuzz
- Ant Arm Guards: x5 Ant Parts, x2 Acid Gland, x2 Mite Fuzz
- Ant Knee Guards: x6 Ant Parts, x2 Woven Fiber, x4 Mite Fuzz
The Acorn Armor set, quite frankly, is not a top tier armor, but it is here for a reason. With all survival games, you start out in a new game with absolutely nothing. You will be looking for your first weapons, and armor, to help you survive in the dangerous backyard. The acorn armor set is the best early game armor set that is well rounded, easy to obtain, and will last you until you obtain the ladybug armor set. The set has traits that boost max health and the buff Uncrackable with the full set increases the number of times you can block.
- Recipe Unlock: Unlocked by analyzing an Acorn Shell.
- Acorn Face Mask: x1 Acorn Shell, x5 Mite Fuzz, x3 Woven Fiber
- Acorn Chest Plate: x3 Acorn Shell, x5 Mite Fuzz, x3 Woven Fiber
- Acorn Leg Plates: x2 Acorn Shell, x4 Sap, x4 Woven Fiber